If this is your first time planning an issue sprint, read through the full list of instructions instead. This is the abridged version to act as a checklist for experienced facilitators.
Schedule A Sprint
- Gauge interest.
- Find a venue.
- Get it on the calendar.
Preparing for the Sprint
- Get an account on drupalofficehours.org (aka doh.org).
- Read the mentor instructions and the facilitator instructions.
- Poke around drupalofficehours.org and just get a feel for it.
- Identify issues for your attendees to work on.
- Identify some issue team leaders.
- Load the issue team leaders into the issue tracker.
Running the Sprint
- Give a quick introduction to the Drupal Ladder.
- Give a quick outline.
- Do quick introductions.
- Suggest that attendees log into IRC.
- Ask attendees to create an account on drupalofficehours.org.
- Have attendees pair up.
- Get down to business yourself.
- Find and load tasks into doh.org before the sprint.
- Recruit team leaders personally before the sprint.
- If you can, feed people at the beginning of the sprint, since well-fed developers are happy developers.
- Issue sprints are a two hour activity. Less than two hours isn’t enough time.
- When scheduling the sprint, make it clear that people should come ready to work.